Tuesday, March 24, 2009

First Fever

Arielle's first fever, since birth started on Saturday. It was the side effect from her MMR shot a week ago. Her doc already warned me about it, but I was hoping Arielle would be the rare few that would not get any.. Just like her other shots that she had. Wishful thinking. Not this time.

Saturday morning my mom called me to go drink tea together. By 11am I called her we are not going because Arielle was a little bit warm. I didn't start giving her any tylenol because I still was not sure if she was devloping a fever or she was just warm from the weather and/or overly dressed. Because she was acting, eating and drinking her milk fine.

Hours later she started to get warmer, I took her temp she was 101, so i started to give her tylenol. Gave her tylenol every 4 hours till night, her fever didnt seem to subdue. Then before she went to sleep I started to give her Motrin. Tylenol honestly didn't do jack to lower her temp. She seemed to be better after I gave her motrin and she went to sleep fine.

Sunday morning I felt her burning hot, took her temp again, 102.2. (by the way, will need to shop for another thermometer, she did not like it when i stick that thing up her butt, but she was ok still since I tried to distract her, but that stupid cheap thermometer took like literary almost 5 mins to take the damn temperature) So gave her motrin again throughout the day, her temp seems to be better, but still warm. By this time, I thought to myself, when is this fever over? damn this MMR shot is aggresive..I read somewhere the fever would last 1-3 days. So I waited patiently and gave her some motrin again at night when her temp raised back to 102.

Come monday morning, still hot, back to 102. So I decided to take a day off. After a 3 hours nap, Arielle woke up all sweaty and her temp seem to be cooler. She was fine and dandy throughout the day, playing and eating and drinking like her normal self. You know, I woulda been more worried if she was not eating or acting like herself. At night she was a bit warm.. oh no. Motrin was my good friend again. Off to sleep she went.. and was a bad night. Screaming every 2 hours sleeping.. and Mr. Money slept thru it most of it. When Arielle woke up this morning, I am so glad she's all cool and her fever's gone.

This evening when I was bathing her, I notice some little red rash on her back and stomach...Now I wonder if she actually had roseola, right after her supposedly mild fever from her MMR shot or it just so coincidently some red spot showing up on her back. I guess we shall see tomorrow.. But all and all, I am just so glad she's doing better now. it's upseting to see the lil one not feeling well.

No comments:

Post a Comment